April 1, 2013

ANOTHER WEEK FLYS BY


FAMILIA!!!!!!!

I can't believe another week has flown by! I have been here in the MTC for 2 weeks... it is madness. So good to get your letters and your email, Mom! You guys seriously have no idea how much it means. Every day, we all wait in anticipation to see if the district leader has a letter for us at the end of the day, and if he does... it is the greatest thing ever. So anyway, thanks to those who have written! I love you all :)

So this week has been kind of crazy. A lot of people have been sick in my district and I was doing so well at staying healthy until Sunday rolled around. Then my turn came, and it still isn't over haha. I lost my voice hard core and just barely got it back yesterday! Lots of sneezing and coughing still, but I am feeling much better than I was! Two of the awesome elders in my district gave me a blessing on Sunday night when I was starting to feel pretty nasty. They are so great! It was amazing because my hermanas and I had just had a discussion earlier that day about how grateful we were for the Priesthood, and the worthy boys and men we know that hold it and then I got the opportunity to feel that power in my life. What a blessing! Brothers... don't you ever forget that! :) I am so eternally grateful to you and to Dad for being worthy to hold the Priesthood.

Anyway, the rest of my week has been really great too! We got two new investigators, Alan and Yira. Okay, so in answer to your question, Mom, this is how teaching in the MTC works. Our first investigator, Daniel, we taught through the end of last week... and then he ended up being our second teacher! They are all actors here in the MTC. His real name is Hermano Zuznaga and Daniel is someone he baptized on his mission. Hermano Zuzunaga is seriously one of the coolest, most spiritual people I have met. His eyes glow with the spirit, as do all the teachers! He is really strict and wants all of us to be exactly obedient, but we totally need that and he really makes us all want to be better teachers and Spanish speakers. Teachers and investigators! We have only met with Alan and Yira once, but I am so excited to meet with them more!

On Sunday, my companions and I taught the district lesson (they did most of it cuz I had no voice haha). We were assigned to talk on enduring to the end, and it ended up being the greatest discussion ever with our district, so I just wanted to share some of it! :) As we were preparing, we came across the story of the Ammonites and their sons the 2000 stripling warriors and were amazed at how they faithfully endured to the end, and how that endurance spanned across generations starting with the sons of Mosiah who converted them. It is amazing to me that once they were converted, "they never did fall away." Think of the faith they must have had... and about the faith that their mothers would have had to have to send them into war. It is so amazing! The spirit was so strong as we discussed that story, and talked of how we can help our investigators endure to the end as a district. I love my district so much!

I also love my Savior so much. My testimony has grown leaps and bounds since I have been here, and I know without a doubt that he is my Savior and Redeemer. I am so grateful that I get to serve a mission for Him. There are so many people that need His help in Chile and I can’t wait to bring them to a knowledge of Him! :) I know He is so pleased when we remember Him and pray to Him. One of my favorite scriptures, 3rd Nephi 19:25 says, "And it came to pass that Jesus did bless them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them, and behold they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus." I love that scripture so much!!! I know that Jesus literally smiles upon us when we pray to Him and that one day, if we endure to the end, he will encircle us in the arms of his love and we will be able to see that smile shining upon us once more :)

Okay, I am out of time! Sorry I didn't get pictures this week. I need to figure out how to do it haha. Also, I can't believe Emily is engaged!!! So crazy!!!! But I am so excited for her!!! (If she is reading this though, she should really REALLY dearelder.com me and tell me about it herself too! ;) Love you family!!!

Your favorite missionary,
Hermana Teeples :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great Hermana! You can tell that she is starting to speak a lot of Spanish. Soon, she will be thinking and dreaming in it! We are so proud of her; she will do great things!

    ReplyDelete